Never Give Up

I write from the heart on this matter,
I write so I can understand,
I write of what I have not spoken of.
I write of the time I nearly lost you.

I nearly lost you,
I did not realise at the time,
It never crossed my mind.
We nearly lost you.

I cried, I prayed,
I was so afraid.
I can not bear to image the what if,
I can not bear to think about it.

All that matters is the life we have now,
Every moment, every smile, 
Every laugh, every talk.

Like I do, I bottled it up,
I told only a few.
But you nearly died,
I nearly lost you.

And it hurts,
It still hurts,
To think that.
I could not bear to lose any of you.

I write of this now because the truth is still few know.
I can not speak of this, I can only write.

You never gave in.
You fought until you were better.
You may never understand how much of an inspiration you are to me.

I write because I love you.
I write to tell the world,
When all seems lost, do not give in.

Whether God exists or not.
That night I prayed,
That night I Hoped,
And you came back,
A few months late.
But you came home.

I love you.

M. H. (Raggy Writes - A Voice in 7 Billion)

Laptop screen with text 'Raggy's Writing Week Day 3: Never Give Up'


Comments